At APH we take a lot of pride in being transparent, and there is nothing more important to us than the safety and well-being of our guests, employees, and the communities we serve. With Coronavirus (COVID-19) on the minds of many, we want to take a moment to personally update you on the steps we are taking to ensure your health and safety during these challenging times.
Our response is entirely precautionary, with no confirmed or suspected cases within the organisation. It is our belief that we hold a responsibility to our staff, customers and partners to ensure we take every precaution to reduce the spread of the COVID-19 in our community. We will do everything in our power to continue to provide you with the quality, safety and service that you have come to expect from us.
What is APH doing?
Our primary objectives are to protect the people we work with, our colleagues, customers and suppliers to maintain a consistent supply to our valued customers.
- We have extremely strict HACCP policies in place and will step up our rigorous adherence to food processing management standards within the business.
- APH will not allow external visitors, couriers or delivery personnel to enter our manufacturing facility until otherwise notified by the World Health Organisation (WHO) or Australian Federal Government.
- We have decided to decentralise our workforce. All non-essential operations staff will work from home to minimise movement of personnel through the facility.
- APH will restrict visitors to the site to minimise chances of external introduction of the COVID-19.
- Increased Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) inspections to ensure all hygiene procedures are adhered to by the strictest standard
- Freight Companies and Suppliers have been contacted to request their plans for COVID-19 to help guide future decisions
- All incoming freight will be quarantined for at least 72 Hours (Per Department of Health Guidelines)
- Almost all APH products are produced in-house, in a highly controlled environment. As such, we can confidently keep supplying our stores, and customers with our 100% Australian Hemp Products.
- We are not currently facing any shortages of our product lines. As the situation develops, we may experience some supply disruption, especially to custom orders. If the situation changes, APH will contact clients as required to discuss options.
- We will appreciate your understanding should the delivery of your products be delayed due to COVID-19 related disruption
- Across APH’s business we have issued advice to all colleagues highlighting the importance of good hygiene, in particular hand washing. We have increased the number of sanitiser dispenser locations in our office.
- All colleagues have been alerted to the symptoms of coronavirus and what to look out for.
- We have a policy in place to deal with the implications of a positive test for COVID-19
- For your reassurance visitors and delivery drivers coming onto our warehousing sites have been asked to confirm that they have not been in high risk areas in the last 14 days.
- No unscheduled visitors are permitted on APH sites without an appointment
- We have suspended non-essential international business travel. In line with Government advice, colleagues, suppliers and other visitors who have travelled within any of the high-risk areas are not allowed on site.
- Travel between customers to undertake delivery remains essential and we will continue to follow government advice. If the situation changes, we will discuss with customers the best way to for fill our obligations as the situation evolves
- We will always do our best to support all customers.
- Please make contact with your account manager if you would like to discuss any changes to your delivery.
- In the event that you have to close your site and you have an order outstanding, please ensure you cancel outstanding orders in a timely fashion
- We have a business continuity plan for Australian Primary Hemp and if we have to implement it we will try to mitigate the issues.
- If the situation escalates, there will inevitably be some disruption, but we will do our best to minimise this. Many of our customers have already said they are happy to be flexible on delivery, if this were to be the case, we would ask other customers to do the same
We are keeping our customer-facing colleagues informed, and if you have any questions please contact your account manager in the usual way. We are committed to keeping our customers informed and will update our guidance as required.
Thank you for your ongoing business, understanding and support during these unprecedented times.